COP Internet Legal and Privacy Statement
Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE.
ConocoPhillips Company operates this Web site (the "Web Site") as a service to its customers, suppliers, employees, retirees and community neighbors, subject to these Terms and all modifications thereto, in addition to guidelines that may be published from time to time by ConocoPhillips. By entering and/or using this and other Web sites owned, operated and maintained by ConocoPhillips or its affiliates, you, the user, are deemed to have agreed to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms") of use. ConocoPhillips reserves the right to modify them at any time, and without actual notice to you. You should check these Terms periodically for changes. All such changes to these Terms (including Terms applicable to Web sites of our affiliates) will appear on this Web site. By entering and/or using this Web site following any modifications to the Terms, you agree to be bound by any such modifications to the Terms.
YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THIS WEB SITE IF, AT ANY TIME, YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS.
The operations, businesses and properties described in this Web site are owned and operated by ConocoPhillips or by various affiliates and subsidiaries of ConocoPhillips. The terms "ConocoPhillips"; "company"; "we"; "our"; and "its" when referring to these entities are used only for convenience and are not intended to be an accurate description of ownership, operation or corporate/legal relationships.
WEB SITE SERVICES
1. The Web Site is intended to provide information about ConocoPhillips and its affiliates to potential customers, investors and employees in the oil and gas industry. Such information about ConocoPhillips may include, without limitation, a description of its products and services, financial performance and potential employment opportunities.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 1. As between ConocoPhillips and you, ConocoPhillips is the sole owner of all content on the Web Site including, without limitation, all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. patents, trademarks, copyrights (including, but not limited to, selections, collections, compilations and arrangements), and other intellectual property rights thereto. Except as otherwise provided in these Terms, you may not download or save a copy of the Web Site or any portion thereof, for any purpose. Subject to copyright notice and the trademark use/link limitations contained in these Terms, you may, however, print a copy of individual screens appearing as part of the Web Site solely for your personal, non-commercial, or non-profit educational use or records, provided that any marks, logos, copyright notices or other legends that appear on the copied screens remain on, and are not removed from the printed or stored images of any such screens. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content of the Linked Sites (as defined below) are the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- 2. Copyright Agent for Copyright Infringement Claims (Digital Millennium Copyright Act): The designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act is the ConocoPhillips Webmaster.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF MATERIAL OR LINKING TO THIS SITE
- 1. The content on this Web Site is intended for informational purposes only. These Web pages or any portions thereof may not be framed, reproduced or redistributed for commercial gain or any other purpose. Except as expressly permitted, you may not modify, copy, publish, display, transmit, adapt, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit the content of the Web Site. Only if you obtain prior written consent from us - and from all other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property - may you publish, copy, display or commercially exploit any material from the Web Site. If permission is granted by us and by all other entities with an interest in the relevant intellectual property, you may not change or delete any author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or other restrictions contained on the Web Site. Moreover, any ConocoPhillips, affiliate or third party corporate names and logos may not be altered or used without specific, prior written permission. If you choose to link to ConocoPhillips through any mechanism, you are permitted to link only through a plain-text link to this Web page. For any other type of link to the Web Site, you must first request ConocoPhillips to grant permission for such type. ConocoPhillips may grant such permission in its sole discretion. You are not permitted to use any link other than a plain-text link, nor to link to any other ConocoPhillips Web pages without obtaining our prior written consent or authorization. We reserve the right, however, to rescind any permission granted by us to link through a plain-text link or any other type of link, and to require termination of any such link to the ConocoPhillips Web Site, at our sole discretion, at any time. Any unauthorized deep linking to our Web sites shall operate to void any and all rights permitted under this agreement and may subject you to legal action and liability under all applicable laws.
- 2. To seek our permission, please contact the ConocoPhillips Webmaster.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- 1. CONOCOPHILLIPS PROVIDES THE INFORMATION ON CONOCOPHILLIPS WEB SITES ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, CONOCOPHILLIPS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (i) ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, APPROPRIATENESS, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR USEFULNESS OF THE CONTENT OF THE WEB SITE; AND (ii) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES OCCURRING AS A RESULT OF: (1) ANY ERROR, OMISSION, DELETION OR DEFECT IN THE CONTENT, OR (2) ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF RECORD, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, DEFAMATION, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. CONOCOPHILLIPS DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE: (1) THAT ANY PORTION OF THE WEB SITE WILL BE FREE OF INFECTION BY VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR ANYTHING ELSE MANIFESTING CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES; OR (2) THAT ACCESS TO THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 1. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL CONOCOPHILLIPS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR: (i) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR LOSS OF INFORMATION), OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE AVAILABILITY, USE, RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS IN THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER CONOCOPHILLIPS WEB SITE, EVEN IF CONOCOPHILLIPS OR A CONOCOPHILLIPS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; OR (ii) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN, OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OF THE WEB SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CONOCOPHILLIPS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU HEREIN, FOR ANY CLAIM OR ACTION ARISING FROM USE OF THE WEB SITE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, CONOCOPHILLIPS' LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- 1. By accessing or visiting our Web sites, you expressly agree that the laws of the State of Texas, excluding its conflicts-of-law rules, shall govern these Terms. Please note that your use of the Web Site may be subject to other local, state, national and international laws. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any claim, dispute or cause of action with ConocoPhillips, or relating in any way to your use of the Web Site, resides in the courts of the State of Texas, with venue residing solely in the United States District Court for the Southern District of the State of Texas or a similar Texas state court within Harris County, Texas. You further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Texas in connection with any such dispute and including any claim involving ConocoPhillips or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and content providers.
- 2. By accessing or visiting our Web sites, you expressly waive any and all rights, including those related to privacy, to the extent such rights are different and/or in conflict with those rights protected by federal or Texas laws. We control and operate this Web Site from our offices in the state of Texas in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on the Web Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access this Web Site from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- 3. Except as specifically noted above, no right or license is granted to you under any copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property law to use, copy, reproduce, retransmit, display or create derivative works from materials, logos and content contained within this Web Site.
- 1. Various pages on this website contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, which are intended to be covered by the safe harbors created thereby. Words such as "expects"; "intends"; "plans"; "projects"; "believes"; "estimates" and similar expressions are used to identify such forward-looking statements. In addition, certain presentations available for viewing were created as of the dates indicated on such presentations and ConocoPhillips expressly disclaims any responsibility for updating such presentations.
- 2. Forward-looking statements relating to ConocoPhillips' operations are based on management's expectations, estimates and projections about ConocoPhillips and the petroleum industry in effect on the date the statements were made. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Further, certain forward-looking statements are based upon assumptions as to future events that may not prove to be accurate. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecast in such forward-looking statements, due to a variety of factors, including the economic, business, competitive and regulatory factors affecting our business generally as set forth in Item 1A of our Form 10-K and those mentioned in other reports and filings with the Securities Exchange Commission ("SEC"). Copies are available from the SEC and are available on this website.
- 1. ConocoPhillips is committed to honoring the privacy and security of visitors to Web sites owned and operated by ConocoPhillips or its affiliates. We collect information to process your transactions and to help us provide a better level of service. We do not sell your information to anyone. We strive to protect the security and confidentiality of the information we collect. We urge you to read the following sections.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- 1. When you submit a request or electronically pass information to ConocoPhillips (including, but not limited to, completing retail employment applications and credit card applications), you are sometimes asked to provide certain information, including, but not limited to, your name, address, date of birth and e-mail address. In the Retail Employment Application and on the various "contacts" pages, we ask for this personally identifiable information in order to facilitate your requests, provide personalized service and communicate separately with you. We do not sell, trade or rent your personally identifiable information with any third parties outside of ConocoPhillips. However, we may provide your personally identifiable information to a third party that provides services to ConocoPhillips, its affiliates, or subsidiaries.
- 2. Because we rely on third party commercial software and programs to operate our servers, we may inadvertently collect personal information due to certain automatic functions or features contained in such software or due to certain software changes or upgrades. We will use reasonable efforts to remove any such information after we discover such information in our system.
INTERNET PROTOCOL ADDRESS
- 1. We may use your Internet Protocol address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Web Site. Your Internet Protocol address is used to help identify you for the duration of a session and to gather broad demographic information. This information will not be sold to any third party.
CLICK STREAM DATA
- 1. As you browse the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each Web site you visit. This information, which is sometimes called "click stream" data, can be collected and stored by a Web site's server. Click stream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use, the address of the Web site from which you linked to the Web Site. We may use click stream data to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of the Web Site and how they navigate through the Web Site. We will only use this information to improve the Web Site. Any collection or use of click stream data will be anonymous and aggregate, and will not contain any personally identifiable information.
CONSENT TO PROCESSING
- 1. By providing any information to the Web Site, all users fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such information in the United States.
- 1. ConocoPhillips shall, pursuant to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order, allow access to information, including personally identifiable information, provided to the Web Site in order to comply with such process and to protect our rights and property.
- 1. The Web Site may contain links to other sites. Other sites may also reference or link to the Web Site. ConocoPhillips is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites.
- 1. Our Web Site may contain pages that are of interest to children under the age of 18, but we do not seek through this site to gather personal information specifically from or about children under 18. Because our software does not automatically distinguish visitors under 18 from other visitors, ConocoPhillips requires users under 18 years of age to obtain the consent of a parent, guardian, teacher or librarian to view the Web Site. You agree to abide by such restrictions and not to help anyone avoid these restrictions.
- 1. The Web Site is not directed nor targeted to children. ConocoPhillips will not knowingly collect information from children. Because our software does not automatically distinguish visitors under 18 from other visitors, ConocoPhillips requires users under 18 years of age to obtain the consent of a parent, guardian, teacher or librarian to view the Web Site. If ConocoPhillips learns that a child has provided personally identifiable information to the Web Site, it will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from its files.
USER'S ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY