Sustainable Development at ConocoPhillips Canada
At ConocoPhillips, sustainable development means conducting our business in a way that promotes economic growth, a healthy environment and vibrant communities, now and in the future.
We are committed to our sustainability goals and will continue our efforts to be the best energy company to work for, have as a neighbour, invest in or partner with. An important part of accomplishing these goals is the integration of sustainable development into our business and delivering on our economic, social and environmental commitments.
ConocoPhillips' Global Commitments
Our approach to sustainable development and measurable actions in Canada are aligned with nine ConocoPhillips global commitments. Our global progress on these commitments can be viewed in ConocoPhillips’ Sustainable Development Report.
- Increase the availability of ever-cleaner energy.
- Being transparent and accountable by measuring and reporting both our financial and non-financial performance.
- Operating to the highest safety standards.
- Positively impacting communities wherever we operate.
- Minimizing the environmental impact of our operations.
- Investing in the wellbeing and development of our employees.
- Constantly improving the energy and material efficiency of our operations.
- Practicing the highest ethical standards.
- Ensuring the long-term financial viability of the company.
We are promoting sustainable development by practicing the following five competencies: integration, stakeholder engagement, life-cycle management, knowledge management and innovation.
- Integration. Integrating economic, social and environmental considerations into strategic planning, decision-making and operating processes.
- Stakeholder Engagement. Consulting stakeholders to help us understand their diverse and evolving expectations and incorporating that understanding into our strategies.
- Lifecycle Management. Managing the full life cycle of our operations, assets and products.
- Knowledge Management. Sharing our successes and failures to learn from our experiences.
- Innovation. Creating a culture that brings new and innovative thinking to the challenges of our evolving business environment.
We’re working to develop these competencies and embed them in our business. Our progress and the challenges we are working on are discussed in this website.